Sunday, August 4, 2019

Why can't you be more creative with your language?

I am so frustrated with reading so many posts on Facebook that use the "F" word.  There are groups that use it in their title and although some of them have some content I would enjoy, I refuse to join those groups.

People get angry or frustrated and try to make others change their views by condemning people using that word.  They think that the emphasis of using that word makes others change their minds towards the "F-user's" opinion, and in my case, and I'm sure others, too, it just doesn't work.

Honestly, I am open to hearing other opinions. I am open to learning, but if you choose to use that word, I will REFUSE to take your opinion seriously.

Why can't you be more creative in coming up with a descriptive word that is not so offensive to people?  Is there a lack of words in the English language?

You may think that the word no longer means what it "used to", but it does and in the name of modesty and human dignity, I prefer not to discuss or entertain debased sexuality in connection with anything and everything someone doesn't like.

When little kids start using the word when they don't even have the basic understanding of its meaning, I know its going to have an effect in the long run.  They know its a "bad" word and adults have told them, and they still use it.

Adults use it all the time and its not effective. It just reflects badly on the user of the word.

I would be very interested to hear your opinion on the subject in the comments, if you can keep them POLITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.